corrupted database? unable to sync or reimport Report ID: 85961563

I've never been able to sync with the server, nor have I been able to export and then re-import my collection, so I'm guessing that my database is corrupted in some way. My most recent "invalid response response from server” was Report ID: 85961563. I ran a debug output, which I have in a file (it’s pretty long) that I’d be happy to email as a .doc, .txt, or whatever file format would be most useful. My guess is that the problem is related to my having synced my files between computers many times with the 1.0 version (before the 1.5 beta was available), but that’s just a guess. I’ve tried to export my entire collection, remove zotero and the related files in my firefox profile (this is on OSX) and then reinstall zotero and reimport my records, but zotero will not accept the import. I’ve also tried the old utility to fix zotero databases, but that hasn’t worked either. Any thoughts, suggestions, possibilities?

Thanks for checking this out.
  • Try syncing a few times and, if it keeps failing, send in another error report (which should show multiple "Error processing uploaded data" messages). The server error in that report is just a timeout error caused by other long syncs on the server (which we're still optimizing), so it doesn't contain any real debugging information.
  • Dear Dan,

After months of trying to sync multiple times a day and getting "invalid response from server," today after the 2.04 update, it worked on the first try. Thanks! The next thing to figure out will be the webDav sync, for which I'm getting an error code -6.

Thanks as always for all your work on this marvelous tool.
    Andy