Problem inserting citations

Hello everyone,

It's been a couple of months now that I am experiencing several troubleshootings with zotero. I can longer insert references in my word document (Office 2016).

At the moment I am getting the error message : this.registry.citationreg.citationByld[c[0]] is undefined
It's a new document and still it is not working.

The problem reference number is 838952447

I have tried going back to older versions of Zotero, to reinstall the addin on word, I have also tried on a different computer (but still a windows one, with office 2013 this time).

It's really driving me crazy, I have to write a lot at the moment, and when it's not just popping this error message, it's even shutting down word :((((

Thanks a lot in advance for your help
  • Please follow the debugging broken documents step 8 and isolate the snippet that causes the bug, then email it to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread.
  • @calamityloise I've looked at the document you sent us. I am not sure how this happened, but there is an empty citation in this document (i.e. one that has no text in it). Usually when you delete a citation from the document Word removes the underlying field code too. What happened here is that Word instead left a textless field code there and at some point Zotero prompted you about you having "edited the citation text" and asked whether you wanted to update the citation or keep "your edit", to which you seem to have answered that you wanted to keep the edit.

You can see the invisible field code for (Berkowitz, 2016) by pressing Alt+F9, which toggles showing of underlying field codes in the document and the hidden field will appear. You can then remove it.

With the snippet you have sent in, however, I cannot reproduce the error you cited this.registry.citationreg.citationByld[c[0]].