ERROR SO ANNOYING! URGENT HELP NEEDED

I have to submit my capstone paper tonight and I am facing technical issues with Zotero and I am hoping that you are able to help.

The word document I am working on no longer accepts the insertion of sources. I restarted MS word, Zotero, and my computer four times, but the error still appears. The ERROR reads: (Zotero experienced an error updating your documents" and then "citations[(j-1)].sortedItems.slice(...)[0] is undefined

I then noticed a notification indicating that I ran out of space, so I went ahead and paid $20 for 2GB hoping that it would fix the problem, but that did not work.

When I open a NEW document, I am able to insert sources. When I copy the text from my capstone document into a new document, the problem continues to occur.....

I copied my entire text into NOTEPAD so that it loses the format linked to Zotero. I then started to MANUALLY add each citation again. I reached 4 out of 16 pages and I got the same ERROR again. It was for a citation I have already cited!

Have you encountered this issue before? If so, please let me know if there is a solution ASAP. I am running out of time!

• Same answer I gave you via email: follow the Debugging Broken Documents instructions.
  • @dameisraa Please follow step 8 from the debugging instructions linked above, isolate a broken citation and send it in to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread. I understand that this is probably too late for your deadline, but your help will help us fix any bugs and prevent yourself and other users from facing them in the future.
  • Hello I am having this same issue too :( tried isolating the broken citation but there were about 5 in total! Very very frustrating and this is only on a doc of about 20 refs. Makes me reluctant to keep using Zotero for my thesis which will have about 100 references in total - you can't seriously expect me to manually isolate bugs in a document of 40 pages! Please help :(
  • Hi op, if you go to document preferences in the Zotero tab in Word and untick "automatically update citations" it seems to fix this problem. Just remember that if you do change any of your references you'll have to update this on your doc manually.

Hope this helps you!