ABBY PDF TRANSFORMER+ Zotero

Hello

Would somebody want to do me a favour? What is the best way to integrate ABBY into Zotero?
Thank you very much.

Hassan
  • What exactly do you mean? What exactly are you trying to do?
  • Thank you very much for the question.

There is this software which is called ABBY PDF TRANSFORMER+. It is used to edit PDF files. I want to integrate it into Zotero and use it instead of the PdF editor standardly provided by Zotero. So, my question is whether somebody knows how I can do this integration.
    Thank you.
  • Make sure you have Zotero 5.0.36 or higher installed.
    Figure out where ABBY is installed on your computer (the .exe file that launches it).

Then in Zotero, go to the General tab and select "Open PDFs using..." -- custom and select the Abby program. That should be it.
  • I just did what you advised. Was not difficult, indeed. Thank you very much.

However, I am now encountering a problem: After having done what you have outlined, I edited a test file and tried to save it, as I always do. Problem: After having changed the PdF editor, Zotero does not take me back automatically to the default folder, the way it used to do with the 'old' PdF editor. Now It asks me to decide where to save the edited file. I find this a bit scarey. I am afraid I might make a mistake and cause problems.
    My question is, is there any way I can ensure that Zotero guides me to the default folder where PdF files are stored? Thank you very much for your patience.
  • That's not Zotero but your PDF reader (i.e. ABBY in this case). How "save" works is entirely up to the PDF reader, Zotero has no way to influence that, so I'm afraid we can't help with that and you'd have to ask their support.
  • Thank you very much, Sir. Very much appreciated.