Sync fails on 2.0b3 (osx)

The sync on my mac fails with the error:

Last error: Parent collection for keyed parent doesn't exist in Zotero.Collection._getParetn()

error code: 66131699

I first synced zotero with my linux and windows version to 2.0b3 and they work fine, but the mac gives the above problem. A google search did not provide any suggestions, I hope you can :-)

Thanks,
  • I'm also seeing a sync error on my Mac that I do not see on my Linux machine (though there are other differences between the two FF installs; the latter only has one add-on, the former many). Error report is 839960213.
  • Hello,
    I had problems trying to sync to one of my macs in 1.5. I'm still unable to sync to one of my mac machines, with OS 10.4.11 and 2.0b3. My error report number is 2041189939. I saw a thread that suggested emptying my trash. I did so and tried again, and got error number 1908115521.
    the message said:
    [JavaScript Error: "uncaught exception: [Exception... "Cannot modify properties of a WrappedNative" nsresult: "0x80570034 (NS_ERROR_XPC_CANT_MODIFY_PROP_ON_WN)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://global/content/bindings/autocomplete.xml :: onxblpopuphiding :: line 836" data: no]"]

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'Invalid session ID' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "" data: no]"].
    Thanks,
    Sam Diener
  • edited May 20, 2009
    I noticed there was now a 2.0b4, downloaded it, and tried again. I got error number 427868704. It said:
    [JavaScript Error: "no element found" {file: "http://peacemonger:********@idisk.me.com/peacemonger/Documents/Sam_Diener/zotero/" line: 1}]
    which relates to my webdav syncing. In the preferences pane, I did click the button for verifying the server, and it says it's good to go.
    Peace,
    Sam Diener
  • I updated to 2.0b4, and the same error persists.

Last error: Parent collection for keyed parent doesn't exist in Zotero.Collection._getParent()

any suggestions?
    thanks
  • I'm also getting the error:
    Source item for keyed source doesn't exist in Zotero.Item.getSource(). This occurs after I get a big window that says that I have copies of the data in two places and asks me to choose a merged item and click cancel or continue. After I click continue I get the error message with which I started this msg, which I believe is the same as schwitters commented on one post above this one.
    When I run the error report it says:
    "Security Error: Content at http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/ may not load data from http://dailykos.com/."
    My error report id is 2027482165.
    Thanks,
    Sam
  • As I did not find any elegant method, I exported the new additions from the mac and did a zotero server reset. Then everything worked...
  • After updating to the beta version 2.04b, Zotero keeps crashing due to some problem with file syncing. When I test the server in the preferences it reports "File storage is successfully set up". When I disable the sync functions it seems to run ok.
    I see that several other people have reported similar or the same problem.
  • I am now getting the "Last error: parent collection for keyed parent doesn't exist in Zotero.Collection._getParent()" when trying to sync on a Windows XP Pro SP2 machine running Firefox 3.0.6
  • Hi
    Has anyone found a solution to this? Otherwise I cant use zotero.

thanks
  • I must add that it syncs without problem between two other machines that I use - one of which is the same as that mentioned above (i.e. winxp pro sp2 / firefox 3.0.6)
  • If you're still getting this in 2.0b6.1, please send in an error report with Report Errors under the gear menu and post the Report ID here.
  • Hi Dan

My report is 435222863.

I try to sync - I'm then told there are conflicts between my local copy and the server. I try to choose keeping the server version and then I get the error.

thanks
  • and I also cant submit to my "group" library - but I'm presuming that error is related to this?
  • my sync problems are gone with 2.0b6.1
  • mine still occuring. I also tried to re-install and no luck. Still cant use my group library.
  • I just tried to add the lastest update to the Zotero plugin and the download failed. Error 228?

Be grateful for any advice, as I cant use it at the moment.
  • new update just worked - but still getting error ("Last error: parent collection...") on sync and cant write to a group im an admin of.
  • eoingalligan: If you can generate debug output for the sync attempt and send it to support@zot....org, with a link to this thread, we can take a look.