The inserted bibliography is in plain text/unlinked

I was introducing Zotero to another person the other day, but we had some problems when it came to inserting bibliographies in Word.

It worked fine adding new citations. And the bibliography was inserted, but as plain text (not grey/highlighted like the citations), in another font than the rest of the document, and without indentation (even though it was APA).

I know that, when it comes to fonts etc. you might need to change this is Words style format for bibliographies. But that doesn't explain why the bibliography was unlinked..

Any ideas?

We were using the desktop version of Word that comes with Office 365 (i.e. not the online version).
  • What version of Zotero and what version of Word (like 16.10) are you using?
  • I have the same with my reference list. Previously I used to insert bibliography and it was listed with the proper indentation of APA referencing style, not anymore.
  • @huesca04 That is controlled by the “Bibliography” formatting style in Word (like Heading 1, etc.). Switch to a different style and back should fix it. If not, change the settings of “Bibliography” to your desired formatting.
  • Awesome, thank you so much!