Feature request: Ability to tag & untag multiple items

Zotero's item editing pane allows adding and removing tags for the (single) item being edited. If, however, we select multiple items, there does not seem to be any element of the UI which would allow tagging or removing tags from the selected items - and there should be one. In my opinion.

Notes:

* I don't really understand why we should not be able to submit feature requests on GitHub.
* I'm using Zotero 5.0.35.1 on Linux.
  • I don't really understand why we should not be able to submit feature requests on GitHub
    Because the developers use GitHub to track confirmed issues, and many more people than the people who follow GitHub can tell you that what you're asking for already exists:

https://www.zotero.org/support/collections_and_tags#adding_tags_to_items

(Removing tags from multiple items isn't currently possible via drag-and-drop, but it's been requested before and might be possible in the future via a modifier key. As a workaround you can assign the tag a color and use the number keys to unassign it from selected items.)
  • > Because the developers use GitHub to track confirmed issues

That's not a problem, just mark all confirmed issues there as confirmed. Essentially all large software projects do it (albeit typically on their own bug trackers rather than on GitHub).

> and many more people than the people who follow GitHub can tell you that what you're asking for already exists: [link]

Well, that display kind of conflates tags with collections which you imported, but now that you've told me, then I guess it's something.

(Still, this could just as easily have been done on GitHub.)
  • Well, that display kind of conflates tags with collections which you imported, but now that you've told me, then I guess it's something.
    I don't know what you mean here. The feature you're asking for exists:

"You can also drag selected items to a tag in the tag selector in the left pane to quickly add the tag to all selected items."
    (Still, this could just as easily have been done on GitHub.)
    Again, there are many more people to help you here, which saves a huge amount of developer time that would other be taken up triaging issues and results in quicker responses for users. You happened to get a response from a developer who follows both places, but that didn't need to be the case.