ZOTERO STAND-ALONE AUTOSTART MINIMIZED

edited March 6, 2018
Hello everybody,
I use Zotero pretty much all the time so I told Windows 7 to auto launch Zotero at boot time. IS IT POSSIBLE for it to start-up on the sys-tray or in other words in a minimized window by default???
- IF SO how do I do that?
--IF NOT how do I ask for a bug-fix?
Thank you.
  • Standalone is a modified copy of Firefox under the hood. The is apparently no option, but maybe Windows can do it?

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/771194
  • Thanks... I am trying to do that, but not progressing. PowerMenu is supposed to minimize any window I set it up to. It worked the first time I ran it after installation but won't anymore. Windows 7 is cranky. I'll keep trying to find a solution but figured that this is the better support platform right here on zotero.org.
    :)
  • I decided to no longer Autostart ZOTERO. I will periodically sync letting the Firefox / Zotero Connector handle the pages I want to keep. If anyone hhears of the bug patch that fixes this issue please reply and let me know.
  • Zotero SA, I noticed today, will hose your system while its syncing. The system gets sluggish and my HDD drive light goes solid for a while too. I guess its best NOT to let it run all the time...; I had not noticed it was Zotero, but had been wondering why the system gets so slow. This issue helped me figure that out! Blue Skies to y'all.
  • Once your library is fully in sync and synced files have been indexed, Zotero syncing should be instantaneous and have no effect on system performance. If you're seeing a performance impact, either syncing or full-text processing hasn't finished or there's some other problem. We'd need to see a Debug ID for a period while it was slow to tell you more.
  • Could you inform me how to request a bug fix, officially for Zotero?
  • dstillman is the lead developer. You can't request anything more officially than talking to him here.