Problem Zotero Connector Plug in and Firefox 58.0.2 (64bit)

Help. Since I installed Zotero stand alone and Zotero Connector Plug in, I can not anymore open links from a number of websites (mainly from academic journals). If I disactivate the Zotero Connector plug in, I can actually open the links.
What I should do to fix this problem?
  • edited March 5, 2018
    What are your proxy settings in the Proxies pane of the Zotero Connector preferences? (You can x out the university name, etc.)
  • I try to copy and paste my settings:

Proxy Settings

Zotero will transparently redirect requests through saved proxies. See the proxy documentation for more information.

- Enable proxy redirection
    - Show a notification when redirecting through a proxy
    - Automatically detect new proxies

• edited March 5, 2018
    We need the actual settings, not just the dialog text.
  • (And the important part is what's in Configured Proxies.)
  • Configured Proxies

- Automatically associate new hosts
    - Automatically convert hyphens to dots in proxied hostnames

Scheme: %h.ezproxy.leedsmet.ac.uk/%p

You may use the following variables in your proxy scheme:
    %h - The hostname of the proxied site (e.g., www.example.com)
    %p - The path of the proxied page excluding the leading slash (e.g., about/index.html)
    %d - The directory path (e.g., about/)
    %f - The filename (e.g., index.html)
    %a - Any string

Host names:
    (here I have a list of academic journals)
  • Can you generate a Debug ID for attempting to load a page that doesn't work?

And what exactly happens when you try?
  • Ok,
    in "Proxies settings" these are the only boxes selected:
    - Enable proxy redirection
    - Show a notification when redirecting through a proxy
    - Automatically detect new proxies

In "Configured proxies" within the whitw box, I have this text:
    %h.ezproxy.leedsmet.ac.uk/%p

These are the selected boxes:
    - Automatically associate new hosts
    - Automatically convert hyphens to dots in proxied hostnames

(and the rest is the same)

• Ok, In the afternoon, I'll try. I am not so skilled in these things :) crossing fingers, I can do it with your support!
    PS. should I erase this text: "%h.ezproxy.leedsmet.ac.uk/%p"? from the Configured Proxies?
  • The problem I am experiencing is with the links to academic papers...FF keeps on trying uploading the page but without success. After a while it appears a text that says "the time to connect is over, try again"
  • What's an exact URL that you're trying to load?

Are you on or off campus when this isn't working?
  • edited March 5, 2018
    I am working mainly in remote, off the campus (but this is already for some years).
    This is a sample of the type of link I can not load:
    https://www-tandfonline-com.ezproxy.leedsmet.ac.uk/action/doSecureKeyLogin?uuid=[ removed ]&dateTime=201802270906&key=[ removed ]&uri=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.tandfonline.com%2Fdoi%2Ffull%2F10.1080%2F13683500.2018.1441269%3Fai%3D4lo&ui=7u2on&af=H
  • Then when I click on it to open it in a new page it becomes the link above (the first one I copied)
  • edited March 5, 2018
    Right, so it looks like that proxy server actually just isn't working. It's possible your university's proxy server is just down. If you browse to a gated resource via your university's library page, does it work, and if so what proxied URL do you end up at?
  • edited March 5, 2018
    And if it's down via your library site as well, you could get through by temporarily disabling proxy redirection in the Zotero Connector proxy preferences and accessing the site directly, but you won't have access to gated resources while off-campus. All Zotero is doing is redirecting you through the proxy you've used in the past.
  • I just did the Debug ID

The Debug ID is D254151313

• I tried to enter to the university library from Firefox > it is not working, it keeps on trying loading the page.
    If I try the same access from Google Chrome > it works regularly
  • Can I change / update the proxies preferences in any way?
    I realised that the Configured Proxies refers to the hold name of my University. %h.ezproxy.leedsmet.ac.uk/%p (old name was leeds metrepolitan, while the actual name is leeds beckett)
  • Perhaps the address of your university proxy has changed? That would require a scheme update. Can you access the address in this comment from chrome? If not, what does that same tandfonline page URL behind the proxy looks like in Chrome?
  • I opened this forum thread on google chrome without any problem and the link to tandonline works as well.
    What does this mean?
  • How can I get the new University Proxy? I'd like to update the scheme, but I wonder how I can do it
  • I am not sure if this can be of help, I found this Error Report ID: 2051039121
  • I just removed the Configured Proxy and now I can open the link to academic journals and I can also enter to the university library....I hope I solved the problem with this "quick and dirty" solution. In case there are other operations or steps to do, please, let me know :) thanks
  • The issue is just that your university proxy changed, and Zotero was redirecting you through the old address. If you just log into a gated resource through your library site, Zotero should offer to create a new proxy entry (though it would've been better to simply update the old one, which is why I said above that you could just disable proxy redirection until you determined the new address).