my document has multiple citations format

I submitted this file with errors I see in zotero 1876360761
As it was not updating my references, I tried switching to a different bibliographic style as recommended in the forums, I also deleted references and started over. Now my document has many duplicated references with different styles. Do I need to manually delete and reinsert references? please help
Victoria
  • This is my latest error ref 1362339396
    I have tried to remove the references from my word document, then change reference style. It puts the right references in my reference list but leaves 2 numbers for each reference in both latest style. Then I have removed one set on 20 of the references and it worked but when I deleted one reference that had different styles and tried to repaste it from my database, I got back the 20 references I had just deleted. I do not know what else to try.
  • 1. What is the version of Word (or LibreOffice) that you are using?
    2. What is the original style of the document?
    3. How many citations do you have in this document?
    4. What is the original problem in this document?
    5. Can you describe the current problem that you see in this document?
  • 1. Microsoft word for mac 16.10
    2. Style normal, custom color RGB
    3. I have 103 citations
    4. I obtain my citations from pubmed, from the zotero icon I import the citation to zotero. In my word document I select the zotero tab and insert citation.
    As I edited the document and rearranged sections, the old citation order stayed after the new citation so I ended up with one citation that had 4-6 different numbers all belonging to the same reference as I tried to change styles. For example, [34](32313040*) (*these would be all superscript).
    5. I started a new document without a bibliography list and painfully copy pasted the old document one paragraph at a time, reinserting citations. When I get an error, I stop, quit zotero and word and come back to reinsert the citation. This approach is working so far but I am afraid my whole document will be corrupted in the end and I am dreadfully close to submission deadline, thanks
  • 1. What is the citation style that you are using?
    2. Have you been trying to change the citation style?
    3. What kind of errors are you getting that require restarting word?

What you are describing in (5) shouldn't be needed, but it is still not clear, what the original problem was. If you rearrange the text in the document and move citations around, you can use the "Refresh" option in the Zotero tab in Word to update citation numbers.