Error - "not a valid field"

I recently upgraded to Zotero 2.0b3. I have not tried to sync in a couple months because I was getting errors at the time and decided to wait. Well, I tried to sync today and received errors again. Upon trying to sync, a popup box comes up that says, "'place' is not a valid field for type 5." I did generate error report # 1307271340 and send it but I don't think that is the same error.

I can use Zotero fine as long as I don't try to sync. Once I get the error and try to use Zotero it tells me, "An error has occurred. Please restart Firefox." I can restart Firefox and can use Zotero again successfully if I don't try to sync the database and if i don't have automatic sync setup. I rebuilt the database but that did not change anything.

Any suggestions? I'm currently using Windows XP and Firefox 3.0.10.

liblamb
  • By "rebuilt" do you mean you used the DB Repair Tool? If not, try that. If you still have problems, send the Upload ID from the repair tool to support@zot....org, referencing this thread, and we can take a look.
  • Yes, I do mean that I used the DB Repair Tool. I'm getting my database utilities mixed up. That is what I tried but it did not fix the problem. I have now sent support@... an email referencing the Upload ID. Thanks for all your work.
  • Could you restart Firefox, try another sync, and then, assuming you get the same error, send in another error report and post the Report ID here? Thanks.
  • I restarted Firefox, tried to sync, received the same error, and then sent an error report. The report number is 67736952. Hope this helps.
  • It'll likely be exceptionally slow to generate, since you're on Windows, but if you could generate debug output for the sync attempt and send it to support@zot....org, we may be able to figure out what's going on here. Be sure to increase the console buffer size first as explained on that page, and, depending on how many items you have, be warned that it may tie up your computer for a while to run the sync with debug logging turned on.
  • Another sleepless night Dan? I'll try your suggestion and send it to support@...
  • edited May 28, 2009
    I just got the error '"publisher' is not a valid field for type 4' when I open the Zotero-pane and when I try to sync manually. The "Report Errors..." option doesn't activate though, and the DB repair tool doesn't fix the issue (I can supply the ID of my uploaded library I you want to take a look). I sent debug output to support@zo...org.

What item type is type 4?

@fbennett: that doesn't really narrow things down for me :).
  • @Rintze: Type 4 is journalArticle (the keys are in system.sql).
  • @Rintze: That sounds exactly like my problem too. I also thought if I deleted whatever field was causing the error, then maybe that would fix the problem but it is not so. The problem then is added to another field such as author, or title.
  • This should now be fixed on the trunk (and in the next beta build, which should be out shortly).
  • Great, you're my Zotero hero :).
  • Very good news. Thanks so much for a wonderful program.