Missing data after Zotero 5.0 and no storage file

I am sorry if this discussion already exists (I cannot find it in the forum).

Since Zotero5.0, when I opened Zotero, all my files and library are missing.

My current data directory location from the Advanced → Files and Folders pane of the Zotero preferences :

C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\qp0syrfg.default\zotero

The timestamp and sizes of zotero.sqlite* files within that directory :

zotero.sqlite (908 Ko)
zotero.sqlite.1.bak (61 608 Ko)
zotero.sqlite.bak (908 Ko)
zotero.sqlite-journal (89 Ko)
zotero.sqlite-mj38DD329D1 (1 Ko)

The names of a few files Isee in your Firefox profile directory:
I don't see any files "storage" so I am afraid that all my files are gone....
I only have "locate", "styles" and "translators" files.

I was using Zotero Standalone AND Zotero by Firefox simultaneously !

Thank you in advance for your help ...
I am writing my PhD so your help will be crucial !!!!

Thank you,
Lucie

• Those databases are empty, so close Zotero and move that 'zotero' directory to the desktop, and then restart Zotero. With any luck Zotero should find your previous directory, which is likely in your Zotero profile directory. Zotero should then automatically move it to the new default location of "Zotero" at the root of your home directory.
  • edited March 1, 2018
    I am sorry but if I go to Zotero profile directory, I have a file named storage.sqlite (1 Ko). So my data is missing in Firefox/zotero but also in Zotero application, right ?

I do not understand why all of sudden, my library disappears of Zotero, as if I've never used it ...
  • No, you would be looking for a 'zotero' directory in your Zotero profile directory.

But again, if you just move the old Firefox 'zotero' directory out of the way there's a good chance Zotero will find the directory for you, unless you were previously using a custom data directory.
  • I have found (I think, sorry if it is a mistake) my "zotero" directory :
    C:\Users\lgavinpl\AppData\Roaming\Zotero\Zotero\Profiles\9r3h24rj.default

Is this that ?
  • There's no point spending more time on this until you've tried what I've suggested. If you're still having trouble after that we can look further.
  • I am sorry that I wasted your time, it worked !!! Thank you so much.
  • OK, great. So you can delete the folder with the 908 KB files that you moved out of the Firefox directory.
  • Ok thank you very much for your help !!