Zotero Extension won't install with LibreOffice 5.4.5.1 in openSUSE 42.3 ()

Trying manual installation (after automatic installation had failed), I see this error in a popup box:

(com.sun.star.uno.RuntimeException) { { Message = "javaloader error - could not find class com/sun/star/comp/loader/JavaLoader", Context = (com.sun.star.uno.XInterface) @0 } }
  • The current LibreOffice version packaged with openSUSE is broken. You will need to install LO from their webpage or wait for the package to be fixed.
  • I read that, but I'm missing facts: Could it be that the extension uses obsolete Java classes or methods, or it it the OpenJDK implementation?
  • The extension installation uses LibreOffice's own code, not Zotero's, so this is the wrong place to ask. Even more so, LibreOffice doesn't come with its own Java implementation and you usually need to install that separately. All java-based features of LibreOffice work with the newest Oracle version of Java - 1.9. I don't know if the openSUSE package is bundled with a JRE, but if it is, then that would be one place to look.
  • OK, I submitted a bug report; maybe other people affected should have an eye on it:
    https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1083320