Error report: database upgrade failed

I have been upgrading Zotero with every iteration for months with no problem. When I was prompted to upgrade to 2.0b3 I did but my database upgrade failed. I got error 1564870631 and was instructed to post it to the forum so here it is. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Susan
  • [JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520015 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED) [mozIStorageService.backupDatabaseFile]" nsresult: "0x80520015 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/db.js :: anonymous :: line 793" data: no]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/upgrade.xul" line: 51}]"
    Can you think of a reason why Zotero wouldn't be able to write to files in the Zotero data directory? What files do you see in there? Is this on an internal hard drive or an external drive?
  • It's stored on a network drive that was accessible when I upgraded. There is a possibility that it ran out of space depending on how much data was being added in the process. All of the usual files are there (zotero.sqlite, zotero.sqlite.1.bak, zotero.sqlite.bak, zotero.sqlite.47.bak, zotero.moved-files.36.bak) I also have the Pdftotext executable files. Is there a way to get it to try again?
  • What happens now when you start Firefox? If you just get a yellow triangle over the Zotero icon, you can try, with Firefox closed, removing the compreg.data and xpti.dat files from your Firefox profile directory. They're temporary cache files that will be regenerated the next time Firefox starts.
  • Okay, that seemed to work. Perhaps there was a network blip the first time around. Thanks much.