magic wand not working?

Hi,

I have recently started using Zotero. I'm interested in using the magic wand tool to import a batch of references by DOI. I tested this a few weeks ago and it worked beautifully. However, today, I tried again and something weird seems to be going on. Whatever I input in the box, the magic wand returns a set of references that have nothing to do with the doi I used. They all seem to be from year 1975, and from biochemistry related disciplines. Even if I input 1 doi, I get several references back.

In between these two attempts, Zotero has been updated in my computer to a new version. Now I am on 5.0.35.1. I'm using a MAC (OS High Sierra), but a colleague of mine is experiencing the same problem on a PC.

Any ideas of what might be going on?

Thanks!
  • It is recognizing the text you enter as a space-delimited list of PubMed IDs, which are just simple numbers. Check that there aren’t any spaces in the DOI you are pasting.
  • Thanks for the reply! It helped find the problem: user error! Some of the slash characters had been lost when I initially created the list of DOIs.