Word 2010 plugin not working

I have been using Zotero now for a few years. Since yesterday the plugin seems not to work. It shows as before in Word, but when I click on for egsample "add/edit a citation" nothing happens.
When I go to View -> Macros in Word- all the macros are listed, but nothing happens when I run them. In Word Options -> Trust Centre Settings it is set: Disable all macros with notifications.

Debug ID - D58719147

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Microsoft Word 2010 (14.0.7134.5000) SP1 MSO (14.0.7128.5000)
Zotero 5.0.35.1

Please give me any advise.
  • For good measure, have you tried restarting your computer?
  • Yes, a few times. I tried restarting Word, Zotero, Firefox, too.
  • Could you produce a startup Debug ID? You will need to enable debug logging after restart, restart Zotero, attempt to use the Word extension, then submit the Debug ID and post it here.
  • I hope I done it well.
    Debug ID - D2113722017
  • [JavaScript Error: "Component returned failure code: 0x80520015 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED) [nsIZipReader.extract]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/schema.js" line: 784}]
    Zotero is getting access-denied errors when it tries to update files in your Zotero data directory, and that's causing initialization of the citing functionality to hang. Zotero should do a better job of catching those and displaying a clearer error, but you'll need to figure out what on your system is preventing Zotero from writing to the disk — either permissions in your data directory, security software, or some sort of problem with this drive (which looks like it might be a network drive?).
  • Thank you very much for your advices. Yes, Zotero's data was on a network drive. After moving data to local drive everything started working.
    Thank you again