how do I remove a citation from text

Hi - I've searched high and low and for some reason cannot find an answer to this basic question.

I'm trying to delete sections of text from a document and have learned that you first have to remove any citations or they will remain and show up in the bibliography.

I can't figure out how to remove citations! I am able to remove multiples from Add/Edit Citations, but once I get to the last one, if I remove it, the ok button is greyed out and I can only click cancel. How do I do this???

Thanks!!
  • I'm trying to delete sections of text from a document and have learned that you first have to remove any citations or they will remain and show up in the bibliography.
    That's not right. If you delete a section that contains the only citation of an item, it will disappear from the bibliography.
    In other words, to delete a citation you just delete it in Word. You may want to make sure to grab a space before and after it to make sure the underlying Word field is getting properly deleted, but normally that should not be an issue.
  • Thank you - that makes much more sense!