VBA error in Word 2011

• @dstillman thank you so much, it worked like a charm!!!!
    Unfortunately, now I´ve got a new problem (visual basic error). Do I need to open a new thread for this question? Re installing Office is not a possibility as I don´t have the key which will be asked at some point. I guess the problem might be a diacritic accent (társila) on the path to microsoft word but I have no idea how to change it.
  • The accented character in the path shouldn't cause issues (or at least a visual basic error). What is precisely the error you are seeing and what are the steps to reproduce it?
  • @adomasven
    The error is the following:
    "Zotero could not perform this action. Please ensure that a document is open. If you have performed a custom installation of Office, you may need to run the installer again, ensuring that "Visual Basic for Applications" is selected."

It appeared after clicking on "add citation" in Word.
    (Just as side information: The information relevant for the citation was obtained through the Safari plugin.)
  • Actually, the accented character may be the cause! Try temporarily renaming the directories with accented characters to the path of Word and see if it helps.
  • @adomasven I´m sorry, how can I do that? Through the finder and on which path? And in which part shall I rename it?
  • You can rename directory and file names in Finder by selecting an item and pressing the Enter key. You will need to remove the accented characters from your path to Word (what you rename those items to is up to you, as long as it only contains standard latin characters).
  • @tarsila01: What's the actual path here, though? It's quite strange for the path to an application on macOS to include a username. Are you saying you installed this in your home directory rather than in /Applications?
  • @dstillman I installed it in the applications folder. That´s why I´m wondering which path it is. The only path I could think of Office is: Applications--> Microsoft Office--> Startup --> Word. (But this path does not seem to have my name on it). @adomasven
    The reason of how I came with a username was because of this document: (visual basic for applications error section)
    https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting#visual_basic_for_applications_error
    I am a bit lost on how to solve it.
  • Press CMD-Space enter "Disk Utility" and run it. What is the name of your main disk? Does it contain a diacritic?
  • It worked!! Thank you so much to both of you @adomasven @dstillman
    After following your advice the following appeared:
    "Disc Utility"
    -- Apple SSD SM128C Media
    ---> Submenu: Sin título (the í was the problem, I renamed it and afterwards re started the computer. Now it works! )