opening urls from Zotero

Previous when I had saved an url in my record I was able to double click on the record and a window opened with the site. Now it doesnt do that. I have open the record and copy the url. Im guessing that somewhere a setting has changed but Im not sure where it is.
  • This still works in general and I'm not aware of any setting that would even allow you to turn it off. If you single click on the "URL" label of the item, does that open in your browser?
  • No it doesn't. The funny thing is this is my University account. All works ok at home. Presumably there is something wrong with the settings at uni, rather than with zotero
  • [JavaScript Error: "NS_ERROR_FAILURE: Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsILocalFile.initWithPath]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/zotero.js" line: 1183}]
    this.launchURL@chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/zotero.js:1183:4
    A couple problems here: the normal URL launching method isn't working for you, and the fallback method we use on other OSes is buggy on Windows (because as far as I know we've never actually seen the primary method fail before on Windows).

There's a good chance this is something about the system settings, but you can try closing Zotero and deleting mimeTypes.rdf in the Zotero profile directory to see if that makes a difference.

If not, check your system settings to see what's set as the default browser, and if possible try changing that to a different browser.