OOffice plugin: Can't communicate with zotero

ReportID: 325789257

Zotero 1.0.10
Plugin 1.0b3
Office 3.0.1
SuSE 11.1

Upgraded to SuSE 11.1 and now Zotero is not working. I got the "Can't communicate with Zotero" message when attempting to insert citations within oowriter. Uninstalled the plugin but couldn't reinstall it because I needed the OpenOffice_pyuno package (although I had to figure that out on my own, which took a long time). So I installed pyuno and then the install proceeded normally but still got the communication error when trying to insert a citation. I then tried to uninstall the plugin but that errored with a "Adding EXTENSION_NAME: .ooo3/user/.../StartModiue/WindowState.xcu does not exist". The folder referenced did not in fact exist, nor was there a file WindowState.xcu in the .ooo3 directory. Zotero toolbar was still available but without icons and no functionality. The extension was no longer listed in the extension manager of oowriter.

So I moved .ooo3/ to .ooo3.bak/ to eliminate my settings and re-installed the Zotero plugin hoping that would work but still got "Can't communicate with Zotero" message when attempting to insert citations. I am pretty sure report 325789257 was generated from this final attempt to get it working.

Please advise.

Sincerely,
Chad Smith
  • PS I closed and restarted openoffice between these attempts to get the plugin working.
  • Firefox 3.0.8
  • According to this post the plugin is working on SuSE 11.1 and Openoffice 3.1.

http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/6872/openoffice-301-on-opensuse-111-unknown-error/