Zotero on Ubuntu and Zotfile

Hey Guys.

I just updated my zotero on linux (ubuntu 16.04) and there is no left hand pane with collection ect showing up. I can't find any view settings and was wondering how to enable it.

Also I installed zotfile and somehow during setting the preferences all my entries are gone from zotero. I can't search for then or anything however they all remain on the cloud and syncing does nothing to restore them. Also my Data directory is the same and I can see all the items on my drive. In addition zotero will happily export all of my library as a .bib so it can access them I just can't see or search them via the GUI.

I am probably being incredibly dumb on both counts but any help would be appreciated. A bit late in my PhD to discover all my research notes are messed up.

Thanks for the help!

• I have not Zotero for Linux (currently I use only Windows), but do you see grey line by the left border? If, yes take them and drag it to right (or double click on it).
  • Yeah, this just sounds like a collapsed left (collection) panel
  • Yeah I am a total fool. It was indeed a collapsed panel combined with zotfile putting me in an empty collection.

Thanks for the help!