Unable to Sync ID 2130367932

edited February 8, 2018
Hi everybody !

Synchronization can not be done since an error on my part about 1 hour ago.
I accidentally paste an entire record in the "Creator" field, and when I wanted to sync, zotero sent me a message announcing it was a too long name for synchronization (well, I agree !! :D).
I corrected this error, but there's no changes, zotero continues to send me this message. I closed and reopened zotero, same thing. I deleted this "corrupted" record and emptied the trash, same thing.

Do you have any idea ?

Thank you.

• edited February 9, 2018
    ID 2130367932

[JavaScript Error: "TypeError: obj is undefined" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/itemTreeView.js" line: 959}]
    Zotero.ItemTreeView.prototype.getCellText@chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/itemTreeView.js:959:4

[additional errors removed — D.S.]

[JavaScript Error: "The creator name ‘Association pour les Études Interrégionales sur le…’ is too long to sync.

Search for the item with this creator and shorten it. Note that the item may be in the trash or in a group library.

If you receive this message repeatedly for items saved from a particular site, you can report this issue in the Zotero Forums." {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync.js" line: 2595}]
    [JavaScript Error: "Error: The creator name ‘Association pour les Études Interrégionales sur le…’ is too long to sync.

Search for the item with this creator and shorten it. Note that the item may be in the trash or in a group library.

If you receive this message repeatedly for items saved from a particular site, you can report this issue in the Zotero Forums." {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync.js" line: 652}]
    [JavaScript Error: "The creator name ‘Association pour les Études Interrégionales sur le…’ is too long to sync.

If you receive this message repeatedly for items saved from a particular site, you can report this issue in the Zotero Forums." {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync.js" line: 2595}]
    [JavaScript Error: "Error: The creator name ‘Association pour les Études Interrégionales sur le…’ is too long to sync.

If you receive this message repeatedly for items saved from a particular site, you can report this issue in the Zotero Forums." {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync.js" line: 652}]

• version => 4.0.29.17, platform => Win32, oscpu => Windows NT 6.3; WOW64, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 4.0.29.17, extensions => Zotero LibreOffice Integration (3.5.12.SA.4.0.29.17, extension), Zotero Word for Windows Integration (3.5.6.SA.4.0.29.17, extension), Adobe Acrobat (11.0.23.22, plugin), Google Update (1.3.33.5, plugin), NVIDIA 3D VISION (7.17.13.4052, plugin), NVIDIA 3D Vision (7.17.13.4052, plugin), Microsoft Office 2010 (14.0.4730.1010, plugin), Microsoft Office 2010 (14.0.4761.1000, plugin), Silverlight Plug-In (5.1.50907.0, plugin), Java(TM) Platform SE 8 U111 (11.111.2.14, plugin), Java Deployment Toolkit 8.0.1110.14 (11.111.2.14, plugin), Citrix ICA Client (14.1.0.0, plugin), Citrix URL-Redirection Helper Plugin (14.1.0.0, plugin), Shockwave Flash (28.0.0.137, plugin)
  • Start by upgrading to Zotero 5.0.
  • edited February 9, 2018
    Well... I really would like but... I work for administration and our IT service is (how to say that in a gently way ?) not very reactive.

Anyway, this morning all seems alright about this error. Maybe this happened yesterday because of something that was still in some temporary files, and not today, as I shut down the PC in the meantime.

So... There was 12 sync conflicts this morning : it was impossible to notice a single difference between the local, distant and consolitated versions (event the date and hour of modification were strictly the same). In doubt, I wanted to choose the third one, but there was no way to click on it. Only the local version was accepted.
    I never had this problem before.

Anyway, I've found an issue............ Or a kind of...

Thank you for answering my post.
  • Note that Zotero 4.0 syncing will be disabled later this year (exact date TBD), so now would be a good time to start asking them to upgrade you. We're also not able to provide support for 4.0 any longer.
  • Ok, thank you for this information. I'll report that to my chief.
    (And drat ! The sync problem with this too long name has just occurred again...)