unable to edit citations

Hi could you please please help? zotero is generating citations. but once done i am unable to use zotero to update them and edit them. i hope i havent pressed unlink citations by mistake. is this the problem? and if so, can you please help me to undo this, and revert back to a condition where its possible to update/refresh my citations.
  • Which word processor? And when you say "unable to edit" -- what happens when you try? How about for a newly inserted citation? Same issue?
  • Microsoft word. i have a plug in. and its always worked.

so i can insert a citation in the normal way. and it appears. but if i want to say, change the page numbers, i can only do it manually within the footnote of the text. earlier, it would get highlighted, and i could do edit citation and update the individual citation through zotero. now its not happening!
  • and yes same issue with old and new citations. on the document im working on, and any New document i try it on!
  • What happens when you put your cursor into a footnote inserted with Zotero and click on "Add/Edit Citation"?
  • it doesnt get highlighted when i put my cursor there, and doesnt generate that quick zotero citation bar when i click add/edit citation!
  • OK, so that's what _doesn't_ happen. But what _does_ happen?

Also, could you post the exact version numbers for both Zotero and Word, please?
  • Zotero 5.0.34.6

Word - 16.9.1 (180125)

Just generates a citation in Times New Roman font (it was calibri earlier when it allowed me to update/edit/revise citations). thats it. i think what it doesnt do is more a concern for me!

• so yeah it generates a citation just that once.
  • Go to Zotero Preferences -> Cite -> Word Processors and reinstall the plugin, then restart Word.
  • Actually, could you submit a Report ID?
  • did the first part. aaaah seems to be working!! im so happy! thank you! what is a Report ID?
  • oh never mind. did it.
  • do i have to again fill in the citations now? as in - the new ones im putting in are working. but the older ones are still appearing the old way.
  • Sorry, I do not understand your question.
  • If you don't have a back-up of the paper from before this error occurred, my sense is that likely yes, you would have to redo the citations.