Two questions about WebDAV and the order of attachements

Dear everyone,
I am using WebDAV to sync my attachments in Zotero. I set the URL, username and my password on computer A. Yesterday when I tried to use Zotero on computer B, I found that if I just login with my ID of Zotero WITHOUT filling the blanks under 'Sync attachment files in My Library using WebDAV', my attachments are also can be synced on computer B.
It seems that the configuration of WebDAV is only needed on the computer which wants to upload the attachments. And the computer with empty fields of WebDAV only can download the attachments but can not upload them. Is that right?

My second question is that some items may have multiple PDF attachments, is that possible to change the order of these attachments manually?

Any help would be much appreciated!
  • No, that's definitely not right. You need to authenticate with the WebDAV on every machine you want to sync it with. It sounds like either the files aren't actually syncing (just the file information -- have you tried opening files?) or you're syncing through Zotero file storage.

Also no to the 2nd question. You can't adjust the order of PDF attachments of an item, sorry.
  • Thanks very much for your reply!
    I am sorry I did not try to open them, I should try that. Configurations of WebDAV on every computer sound more reasonable. I think it just synced the file information as you said.

About my 2nd question, I think the function is useful when an item has multiple attached files. Maybe it can be added in the future if the developers think it is necessary.

And I have one more question, could you please tell me when the item is double-clicked, whether the default attachment to be opened can be set in Zotero? Thanks in advance!