Terminalserver multiple user issue

Dear all,

we have a virtualized terminalserver-environment and multiple users working with Zotero Standalone in combination with Zotero Connector for Firefox.

I recently came across this issue: if one user saves a citation using Zotero Connector it is actually stored in the folder of an other user. It seems that the other user is the one that first logged in the virtual machine. It is a bit weird because the first user actually does not have any permission on the folders of the other one. I guess that the Zotero Connector process itself runs in some kind of strange state.

Did anyone observe this strange behavior? Do you have any advice how to bypass this issue?

System: Windows Server 2008 R2 (RDS)
Zotero Standalone: 5.0.34
Zotero Connector for Firefox: 5.0.34
  • https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/multiple_instances

You'd have to set Zotero and the Zotero Connector in each account to use a different HTTP port. But as noted there, you may still have trouble with the word processor plugin.

(We may be better able to address this in the future.)
  • Thanks much for the link and the clarification!
  • Dear all,
    is there by now a better solution for the terminalserver-environment and Zotero than giving each account a different HTTP-Port? We have the same problem and will soon move to a newer server and I'd rather not change the HTTP port for every single user again...
    Thanks a lot for the help!