Word for Mac: docx file does not open as usual

This discussion was created from comments split from: Word plugin errors with Word 2016 for Mac version 16.9.
  • I have the last version of word mac and zotero. However I have one docx file (with several citations) which does not open as usual, i.e. pages are not loaded (since the updates). Also the Zotero register does not appear in word. However if I switch from markup:all to markup:no, the zotero register card appears again and everything seems to work fine. If I switch back, word stucks again. Any idea?
  • What do you mean by "pages are not loaded"? What do you see (or not see) exactly?

Is the markup problem separate? Could you provide steps to reproduce, if so?
  • thanks for your reply! e.g. I could not view the page in print layout anymore (the button did not work), I could just write in the draft layout.
    after I stopped the correction mode in word (i.e. accepted all changes), saved the word file as ".rtf" and again as ".docx" the problem seems to be resolved.
    I assume that it's a matter of word and not of zotero.
  • Not that saving as .rtf would remove all links to Zotero citations, so you want to check that you can still edit old citations
  • I tried it again, but opening a new word doc, inserting a zotero citation, saving it as .rtf, however does not remove the link.
  • edited February 6, 2018
    Not while the document is open, no, but if you close the document and re-open it, the link will be gone. As we’ve said, you need to save as .docx to maintain the connection with Zotero.

Whatever behavior you are experiencing with Print Layout view is an issue with Word, not Zotero.