Syncing files: does not download files

Hello,

I am trying to sync my collection. I have been able to get my collection, but not the attachments. I set up my WebDAV account successfully, but above the settings I get:

Please note: Attachment files in group libraries are not currently synced

But I do not have a group library, it is a personal one. Does anyone have an advice on how to force Zotero to fetch my files? I am running Zotero 2.0b3 but the files were uploaded with an earlier 1.5 version.
  • So you're trying to download files to a different computer from the one you were using 1.5 on? What type of WebDAV server is this?

If you send debug output for a sync attempt to support@zot....org, referencing this thread, we'll take a look.
  • Well, I looked at the debug output, and among all the other stuff I got this:

zotero(3): Storage sync is not enabled

This is consistent with the settings pane that says that file sync is not enabled for group libraries. There is no check box to enable file sync.

I will forward the complete output of a server sync as you asked.
  • Well, I did verify my credentials and I got a message that storage is successfully set up. I tried to change my username to something invalid, just to see if I will get an error, and indeed I did. Anyway, I have just sent the debug output to support address.
  • Oops, that's embarrassing. We seem to have accidentally removed the "Enable file syncing" checkbox in 2.0b3.

We'll fix that.

In the meantime, you can go to about:config in the Firefox address bar, search for extensions.zotero.sync.storage.enabled, and make sure it's set to "true" by double-clicking.

Thanks for letting us know.
  • The about:config fix worked for me too.

Tom

P.S. Thanks for all your work! Zotero makes research seem painless.
  • that was it, thanks.
  • Thank god I found this thread

I've spent most of tonight trying to set up file syncing. Ended up using pywebdav on my home computer because I couldn't get mod_dav working, then when I had dav working, i couldn't figure out how to get zotero to sync the files

Still, the pain is worth the benefit! Good luck on getting it all ironed out for the release.
  • Fixed in 2.0b4, now available.
This discussion has been closed.