Zotero total is not right

edited January 26, 2018
Hi,

When I count how many articles I should have in a file, the total that is showing up in Zotero is not the same. Zotero seems to count less articles, when in reality there are more ...

Do you know why ?

Thank you so much !!
  • Sorry, you'd have to be clearer on where you're counting what and how you know Zotero "isn't right"?
  • I have been working on a big project counting approximately 60 000 articles. We were 4 people working on the file and some troubles appeared and our accounts were all syncing to different totals. We then decided to transfer the articles in a new file and to start again.

Here are the steps I have been doing lately :

1. Look at the total of articles in the collection before transfer.
    2. Transfer collection in new File.
    3. Look at the total of articles in the collection after transfert.

I have been doing all of this in and Excel sheet. At this moment, I have transferred 3 collections. When I look at the total of articles given by my Excel sheet, which is a total of each of my 3 collections, I do not have the same total that Zotero gives me when I click on the File.

For example :

FILE NAME : TAKE TWO

Collection 1 : 440 articles
    Collection 2 : 5505 articles
    Collection 3 : 2909 articles

Total given by my excel sheet : 440+5505+2909 = 8854
    Total given by Zotero when i click on the file named TAKE TWO = 8606

This means I have 248 articles that Zotero does not count... which cannot be my duplicates because I have 1635 duplicates ...

I hope this is clearer :) !
  • Collections aren't folders: The same item can be in multiple collections at once, so the total number in Zotero can be smaller than the sum of items in collections.

I'm also not quite sure what you refer to as a "File" here: As in, what does "2. Transfer collection in new File" actually entail?
  • By file I meant Group !

I have been transferring collections from one group to a new one !
  • Also note that items in different Groups are separate items--transferring an item to a group will create a COPY (new item); subsequent changes to that item will not change the item in the original library.