Ubuntu 16.0.4 LTS start error _initDB

edited January 25, 2018
When starting Zotero from the desktop or command line, the error:

There was an error starting Zotero.
_initDB<@chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/zotero.js:894:9

is seen in an error window.

I am sharing a directory on an NTFS-3G mount that is used for my library in both Windows and Linux. If I use a directory that is just for Linux Zotero, this error does not occur.

Can you suggest what I should alter in the Zotero directory to stop this error from happening? I would hate to maintain two different libraries on a dual boot machine.
  • There may not be an answer here other than don't use a "VM drive", but if you can provide a Debug ID for the startup we might be able to say more.
  • edited December 25, 2018
    I know this is an old thread but this answer might still be useful for people encountering this problem. I had this problem too, and it seemed to have been caused that the shared drive was still mounted by windows also (i.e. windows was either in fastboot mode, or it was just in sleep mode). The issue was SOLVED by rebooting to windows, and shut it down completely (i.e. holding the shift button while clicking power off/reboot). It seems that when the drive is mounted by windows, then linux can mount it simultaneously but with restricted permissions (I am not sure if my language is technically correct). F.Y.I. the same issue occurs with the calibre book management software