the former citation's style was rearranged after add the new citation with Word 2016 for Windows 8.1

for example, if I add the citation of "8-12", then it will become automatically "12,11,10,9,8" after I add the citation of, say, "13-15".
It seems that the abbreviation is only allowed one time.....
I know it even can't be counted as an error at all, but really wired, was it ?
  • I'm not following exactly what you mean. Can you give a detailed set of steps describing what is happening? What style are you using?
  • there are 20 papers in total I want to citation in the paper, where "GB/T 7714" is used.
    the problem lies in the citation but not the bibliography, that is: it is O.K. to cite one paper every time — everything goes smoothly, yet when it comes to citing more than one paper one time (for example: paper "x" paper "y" paper "z", corresponding to a citation sequence "1,2,3"), it shows that the program will adjust the sequence as "3,2,1" automatically.
  • edited January 25, 2018
    Okay, I think you might be inserting citations to each item as separate citations. You need to enter each item in the same Citation window.

See the section on “Citations with Multiple Cited Items” here:
    https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_usage
  • Yes, you're certainly right, I do get help from the support you afford, especially as following instructions:
    "
    Some citation styles require that items within one in-text citations are ordered either alphabetically (e.g., ”(Doe 2000, Grey 1994, Smith 2008)“) or chronologically (”(Grey 1994, Doe 2000, Smith 2008)“). Zotero will follow these sort rules automatically.

To disable automatic sorting of the cites in the citation, drag the citations to rearrange them in the Add Citation box. You can also click the “Z” icon on the left side of the Add Citation box and uncheck the “Keep Sources Sorted” option. This option only appears for citation styles that specify a sort order for citations. To restore automatic sorting, re-check the “Keep Sources Sorted” option.
    "
    After disabling the "Keep Sources Sorted" option, the problem was solved.

thanks a lot