Changing in-text citation to footnote not working in Word 16.9

This discussion was created from comments split from: Word plugin errors with Word 2016 for Mac version 16.9.
  • Thank you very much for the update. It is better but I have found an issue. When I try and change a harvard citation to Chicago (so in text to a footnote), instead of a footnote being inserted, the title of the referenced is inserted into the main body of the text.
  • How many citations in the text? Does every one fail to convert or only some? Does it happen in a new document?
  • The text has a lot of citations but I only wanted to change one. It happens in an existing document, not in a new document.
  • edited January 22, 2018
    Can you describe how you are trying to change the citation from an in-text one to a footnote step by step?
  • I copied the citation (harvard style) into the document (where everything was Chicago) and hit refresh.
  • You need to either insert the citation into the document directly, by using the Add/Edit Citation button in Zotero tab, or insert a footnote from References tab, paste the citation text from the Harvard style document into the new footnote and hit Refresh in Zotero tab.
  • Thank you!