How to select few articles in Zotero standalone

Hi,

We have a lot of articles in our Zotero library and we are in the process of cleaning up older articles. How can I select few articles in Zotero standalone..It seems like when I search for an year "2015" articles, articles that have a date of "2016" are also pulled..I can't do ctrl+A to select all and delete..The ONLY other option i can see is to delete articles one by one which is not feasible as I have more than a thousand article..

Any tips?

Thanks,
Gauri
  • I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to do. Could you explain in more detail?

Are you trying to delete all of the articles published in 2015? If so, searching for 2015 in the quick search field will filter only the items with a year of 2015. You can then use Ctrl+A to select all of the filtered items and delete them. You can also sort your library on the Year column then select the first item in 2015, hold down Shift, and select the last item in 2015 to select all of the 2015 items.
  • Thanks for your reply! Seems like to select individual articles or random articles in a list can be selected by using Shift+up or down arrow keys instead of CTRL...

The quick search is throwing all years together not just the year I write in the search box. It's working now though. Sorting by the Year helped too.

Gauri
  • Make sure that you have set Quick Search to search "Title, Authors, Year" rather than "Everything" or "All Fields and Tags", which might grab extraneous items (e.g., ones that cite a 2015 item in the text).

You can select specific multiple items by holding down Ctrl and clicking.
  • What is the difference between "Year", "Date Added" and "Date Modified"? Although, these are self-explanatory I am seeing many articles with year as 2016 but the rest two date options show a date in 2017.

Gauri
  • There are four fields actually:
    Date (Date of Publication, stored as "Date")
    Year (Year of Publication, extracted from "Date")
    Date Added (Date you added the item to your database, never changes and cannot be manually changed)
    Date Modified (Date you last changed the item in your database. Cannot be manually changed)
  • Thanks for the explanation!! That helps..