Updating Chrome extension

This discussion was created from comments split from: Zotero Chrome Extension Not Providing Translator Options.
  • How do you update Zotero extension in Chrome? I see how it can be done in Firefox (go to Add-ons, on Zotero Connector click More and then check Automatic Updates). But where is similar option in Chrome?
  • There's an "Update extensions now" button in the Extensions window, but you never really need to use that. Chrome will generally auto-install the latest extension version within a few hours of its release.
  • On Zotero download page I see that I can download Zotero-5.0.37_setup.exe. But my Chrome is still using Zotero 5.0.35. And when I click "Update extensions now" button in the Chrome Extensions window nothing happens! How can I be sure that my Zotero extension is always up to date? Many thanks!
  • Those aren't the same thing — one is Zotero and the other is the Zotero Connector for Chrome. You can see the latest connector version (5.0.35) on the Chrome Web Store page, but as I say, you don't really need to worry about that.
  • Im sorry, my mistake, you are absolutely right. Thanks.