Syncing of search data

I'm using version 1.5b2. I'd like to be able to sync the data zotero uses to search within my snapshots and pdfs. At present if a pdf is on computer A and I'm at computer B when I do a search none of the contents of the pdf are searchable. (I'm having trouble setting up WebDAV for the actual files but this is an important intermediate step for me)

Without this feature the search provides unpredictable results depending on which computer I was on when I downloaded a specific document.

It might also be nice to be able to find out from the database on which computer a specific file resides.

Thanks,
Dave.
  • Yeah, this is a limitation of the current system. Syncing full-text search data is a possibility, and would allow server-based search, but it's problematic for a number of reasons. One easier solution we might implement would be to automatically trigger indexing of newly downloaded files.
  • Aren't files already indexed when they are downloaded? Or do you mean when a file is added on computer A that once computer B syncs with the server it also attempts to download and index the new file?

Dave.