Welcome 2.0!

Just saw the new version. Looks awesome. Thanks to all the developers and other team members!
Now I'll have to create my first group.
  • Magic. I like the new website organization, and I'm looking forward to using this for classes, next term is going to be a real pleasure. Thanks to the Z crew, and to the entire cast of thousands.
  • edited May 14, 2009
    Version 2 is a rebadging of 1.5. Sensible I think, considering the effort involved in the latest version. What is going to happen to 1.5? Will people using 1.5b2.1 be automatically updated to 2, or will we need to download again?
  • Yes, 1.5b2.1 will automatically upgrade to 2.0. You should be able to expedite this by clicking Find Updates in Tools->Add-ons.
  • Yes, I discovered this after fiddling around. As the webpage had not been updated I was not sure how the process was going to work. I noted that as the addon was updated so to was the database. As the database changes with each new release I take it that you can't go back to the previous version by downgrading.
  • As the database changes with each new release I take it that you can't go back to the previous version by downgrading.
    Correct. It is prudent to make a backup before upgrading, so that you can revert to where you were.
  • edited May 15, 2009
    The King is dead. Long live the King!

Small niggles:
    Wouldn't it be handier to, at the end of the blog announcement, give a link to the upgrade instructions, so that users know what to expect when upgrading? E.g.:
    "Install Zotero 2.0 today! (Zotero 1.0.x users are advised to first read the upgrade instructions)"

For the Zotero website: Support and Documentation share the same link.