A particular journal article's DOI is not appearing in Reference List

A very strange situation: the journal I am writing the manuscript for, uses DOI in the reference list. All the referenced journal articles get their DOI displayed in the ref. list, except one (10.1021/ac800428w).

I am forced to add the DOI manually, but every time the list is updated, this gets deleted.

What to do?
  • Which citation style and does this also happen in a new document (with the same style)?
  • Are you sure you have this DOI filled in the record in Zotero?
  • adamsmith: PLoS ONE.

LiborA: quite - I'm looking at it right now, and I actually copy/pasted it right from the record in Zotero.
  • How about the other question -- does this happen in a new document with the same style?
  • Happy New Year.

> adamsmith 4 days ago
    > How about the other question -- does this happen in a new document with the same style?

Yes it does.
  • OK adamsmith, I thought you asking those questions meant that you had something in mind.

In the meantime the problem persists.

• I did, but only if the answer was no. I also can't replicate the problem (with the same item and citation style) and it doesn't make any sense to me how it would occur. How about if you use a different citation style -- APA would be good to test. Could you also post the citation as produced here?