Zotero Word for Mac Integration incompatible zotero 5.0.33

zotero updated automatically and now the Zotero Word for Mac Integration is incompatible. any updates in the near future for word 2016 for mac?
  • Zotero comes with compatible word processor plugins. If you're getting an error, you likely manually installed the Firefox version of the Word processor plugin into Zotero. Uninstall it from the Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions pane and restart Zotero.
  • Hi, I don't have any firefox version installed so cannot unstall it from the extensions pane. I received an error message saying "zotero word for mac integration could not be ijnstalled because it is not compatible with firefox 57.0.3." Can you please advise what to do? Thx!
  • When, in Zotero, you go to Tools --> addons --> Extensions, what do you see listed?

(Also, are you sure you don't have Firefox installed? The above really shouldn't be possible as a Zotero error message).
  • Also, are you the same user that posted originally?
  • Hi,

No I'm not the same user: I'm adindavanh (not genizam)!

When, in Zotero, I go to Tools --> addons --> Extensions, I see Zotero Word for Mac Integration DISABLED.

Yet when I click on the link Install Word for Mac Plugin 3.5.14 (https://www.zotero.org/support)/zotero_4.0_for_firefox_word_processor_plugin_installation I receive the message "zotero word for mac integration could not be installed because it is not compatible with firefox 57.0.3."

I do have Firefox installed, that's the not the issue. It's that Firefox doesn't want allow for the installation of the zotero word for mac plug-in because of a compatibility problem.

I would be grateful if you could help me out. I have to finish a publication in a week from now, and insrting all references manually will be a total nightmare...

Thanks
    Adinda
  • OK. Next time, please start a new discussion so we keep support threads for different people separate and not confuse anyone.
    See if you can enable the extension under tools-->add-ons. If you cannot, remove it and restart firefox. Do not try to manually re-install it. That won't work (as you found out).
  • I can enable it -that's not a problem. But it's not visible in my word documents...
  • I just now upgraded from the 2011 Office version for Mac to the latest.
  • please follow my link -- we'd want to know the exact version you're running.
  • I now have the version 14.5.2
  • Do you see Zotero in the Apple Script menu as on this image: https://www.chronicle.com/img/photos/biz/blogPost/profhacker/2009/11/media_12580404158491.png
    If so, that might be the best you can easily get to work.
  • Microsoft Word for Mac 2011
    Version 14.5.2 (150604)
  • hallelujah!! You made me find it!! I was still looking in the old places... So yes!! Thank you very much!!

Best wishes for the new year for you, your family and the entire Zotero team!

Adinda