Can't import BibTeX from clipboard

edited December 19, 2017
Report ID:1143695577

In Zotero 5.0.32 I get an error trying to import a Bibtex reference copied to the clipboard from Goggle Scholar:

An error occurred while trying to import the selected file. Please ensure that the file is valid and try again.

This used to be easy, I also tried to create a .bib file and import the file itself, returns the same error.

Also tried to edit Enabled Hostnames in the firefox 57.0.1 (Linux) moz-extensions Preferences->General
Automatic File Importing:
Available when Zotero is running
Import BibTeX/RIS/Refer files into Zotero
Enabled Hostnames

but I don't see any way to enable hostnames on the page.

Anyone has the same problems or solutions?
  • we'd want an error report ID from Zotero (forget Firefox, that has nothing to do with importing .bib from Clipboard) for a failed bibtex import together with the actual bibtex pasted here: https://www.zotero.org/support/reporting_problems#provide_a_report_id

• Thanks for the information. After your comment I deleted the zotero folder in the .mozilla/firefox/user.default/ that contained the zotero.sql database and all the other configuration files, and after restarting Zotero 5 I no longer get the error message and was able to import bibtex from the clipboard. Maybe the old firefox configs were messing up the new standalone zotero configs?
  • Unless you were actually using that old data directory — and just deleted it and started with a new data directory, pulling down your data from the online library — then no, deleting that wouldn't have any effect.