Zotero Standalone does not start at all

edited December 18, 2017
Hello, I am experiencing a problem with Zotero Standalone. The program does not start at all. My operating system is MacOS Sierra 10.12.6.

I used Zotero this morning without a problem. Then I had to restart my computer (because of an unrelated issue with my screen display). Zotero was open when I initiated restart (along with a number of other programs). After restarting the computer, I cannot open Zotero. When I click the program icon in my dock, the icon bounces up for a second and nothing else happens. I do not see any error message or dialog box, it just does not open.

I restarted my computer twice, but the problem persists. I followed the instructions on this page https://www.zotero.org/support/reporting_problems#reporting_startup_errors to try and open Zotero via the Terminal. The program still does not open.
  • You should just reinstall Zotero from the download page.
  • Thank you, dstillman. I figured I might have to reinstall. Any special instructions for removing Zotero and reinstalling in a way that does not cause problems with my existing Zotero library? Should I delete Zotero from Applications before I download it again and should I remove any other related files from other directories?
  • Just reinstall. We wouldn't recommend this without further warnings if it was at all risky.
  • You can delete or replace the existing Zotero application — no difference. No data is stored in Applications.
  • Thank you. I have reinstalled Zotero, and everything seems to be working fine again.