Help: Adding citation

Urgent Help please: I am midway through the rewrite of a Chapter for a nursing text which is due in 3 days. And suddenly, the ability to add a citation vanished. I mean I have been working on a document over 3 hours today. I stopped for a break leaving the screen as it was. When I restarted my document came to a place in my document to add a citation, clicked in Zotero toolbar to add citation and NOTHING happens. I know i must have changed something, but I have no idea what. I saved and closed the document, closed and saved my work in zotero. Then tried to reopen, Zotero first then the document. It still does not work. Please help. email eopage44@gmail.com .
  • have you tried restarting your computer?
  • My problem is similar to eopage, except when I updated Zotero and re-opened Word my Zotero toolbar disappeared altogether. I finally found a work-around, I can access the toolbar in Script (does that work for you, eopage?). But I liked the toolbar's convenience. How do I get it back??
  • Hi Deborah. In case you can’t see I saved all my work, shut down everything and restarted. It did work and is doing well. Hope it works for you too. I am not great with computers so work around are not good solutions for me. Good luck
  • All I did was save my document, close Zotero and any other window open. Then shut down computer wait until machine totally turns off, take three deep breaths, exhale and pray. I waited about three minutes to make sure all was quiet and then restarted the computer. Open Zotero first and then pull up what ever else. All I can say is. It worked. Thanks to the Zotero help site for helping.