[Report ID: 1165000476] Cannot add PDF file from Firefox 57.0.2

Hi,

I cannot add one PDF to Zotero. The other PDFs that I have I tried have succeeded, while this one fails.

The URL of the PDF in question: https://osp.stat.gov.lt/services-portlet/pub-edition-file?id=20908

Browser: Firefox 57.0.2
Zotero connector 5.0.31

Error in Zotero Connector extension Advanced options:
[JavaScript Error: "Method saveSnapshot failed
@moz-extension://9e670b92-0de5-454e-9b85-4abcd8e6bac9/connector.js:297:49
"]

• Could you produce a Debug ID from Zotero?

1. In the Help menu, go to Debug Output Logging and select Enable.
    2. In Firefox click the Zotero extension button to save
    3. Wait for the save to fail
    4. Before doing anything else, in Zotero return to Help → Debug Output Logging and click Submit Output, which will disable logging and submit the output to zotero.org. A window should pop up containing a Debug ID. Click “Copy to Clipboard” and paste the Debug ID into this forum thread.
  • I have submitted the Debug output log. Its ID is D570307440.

I've also looked at the log. It has the following:

[JavaScript Error: "osp.stat.gov.lt:443 uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown. The server might not be sending the appropriate intermediate certificates. An additional root certificate may need to be imported. Error code: SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER "]

The certificate for the domain seems fine though. It is also marked as valid in Firefox.

• That server is misconfigured. Details here (the "Missing Intermediate Certificate" part):

https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/incomplete_cert_chain

(You'd find that it wouldn't work in a new Firefox profile either.)
  • edited December 18, 2017
    But as a workaround, you can just download the PDF in your browser and drag it into Zotero.

(Note that in this case it's the site that has a problem, not your proxy or WebDAV server as suggested on that page. If you have any connection to that site you could also report the problem, since their IT department should fix it, but otherwise don't worry about it.)
  • edited December 18, 2017
    Yes, I tested with a new Firefox profile and it did not verify the certificate.
    It seems Firefox is more strict than other browsers about the certificate chain including the intermediary certificates.
    Copying over "cert8.db" from the Firefox's profile to Zotero's helped fix it as a workaround.

I notified the administrators of the site of the issue.

Thanks!