Zotero.dot missing

Hi there,
I'm trying to install Zotero plugin in Word 2011 on mac :
Zotero / Tools / Extensions / Zotero Word for Mac integration / Preferences / cite / Processing program /Install MS Word module.

I have this error :

"Installation could not be completed because an error occurred.

[Exception... "The file Zotero.dot couldn't be opened because there is no such file. @[setTemplateTypeCreator:install.m:205]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: file:///Applications/Zotero.app/Contents/Resources/extensions/zoteroMacWordIntegration@zotero.org/components/zoteroMacWordIntegration.js :: checkStatus :: line 212" data: no]"

- I have uninstall Zotero and reinstall Zotero 5.
- There already is a Zotero.dot in Word startup folder.
- The word startup folder is set to : Application/ MS Office 2011 / Word / Startup.
- Zotero toolbar is not listed in View / Toolbar neither in Tools/ Template and Add ins.

I hope these infos will help.
What is wrong here ?

Thanks
  • If you go to `/Applications/Zotero.app/Contents/Resources/extensions/zoteroMacWordIntegration@zotero.org/install` (Command+Shift+G in finder and paste the path), do you see a Zotero.dot file?

Given that you already have Zotero.dot in the startup folder and it's not showing up, you might want to look into the permissions and ownership of startup folder and files.
  • Hello,

I have the exact same issue with Word 2011 and a mac. When I go to the 'install' folder under 'contents' etc I see zotero.dot, zotero.dotm and zotero.png.

I'm not sure how to check the permissions or ownership - I'm not particularly techie.

Suggestions?
  • Exact same issue meaning what in this case? The original poster did provide a lot of details -- are you sure all of this (error message and details of troubleshooting already performed) are really identical?