add Japanese NDL to list

I love the convenience of zotero, and I'd like to be able to use it with japanese library sites, especially the National Diet Library (www.ndl.go.jp). Their marc records are structured a little differently, but I have annotated a sample that someone could use.
  • If I remember conversations with the late head of Japanese and Korean collections at SOAS correctly, Japanese libraries use something called JMARC.
  • I've asked some of the major American Jpns collections, but no one seems to know about JMARC as a term. On the up side, the National Diet Library now offers a tab-separated-value (tsv) download of search results, so zotero should be able to translate it, I think. I have samples of records and of tsv downloads that I'd be happy to share, but I need help with the technical bits. Anyone interested?
    Cheers,
  • If you can contribute an English-annotated sample of Japan/Marc, we'll look into how it can be interpreted from the Zotero MARC translator.

Post a link here or on the developer list: http://groups.google.com/group/zotero-dev/t/2fcf290cacb05c83