Citations in Word

Hallo,
I worked on a manuscript and used Zotero for citations. I then sent it out for review and feedback. When i opened up the word document again in my computer, Zotero couldn't recognize the citations, even though the library is still the same. How can i fix this? It's the same word document.

Thanks,
Lilian
  • You likely can't -- something that happened during review removed the links to Zotero. They either purposefully did this or by accident, e.g. by opening the document in google docs or Pages.
  • OOH :(
    Doe this mean i have to re-do the citations?
  • Yes - that was the case. It was uploaded in google docs
  • You might also be able to merge the edits back into the original document you sent (which presumably still has citations) using compare document.
  • Could you explain a bit more how to do that?
    Yes, the original doc still has the citations.
  • Sorry, don't have time for a lot of details (you can likely find documentation by googling -- the Compare function in Word has nothing to do with Zotero) but the basics are that you use the "Compare" button in the Review Pane, select the "Combine" message and then use the document with citations as "Original" and the edited on as Revised. I think you should just have to accept changes then, but you may have to experiment.
  • Ok that's good enough. Thanks a bunch!!