Zotero on Word 2016vs2011 (Mac)

Has anyone compared the speed on the current Word? I am still on 2011 and Zotero becomes unbearably slow with many references, is there an improvement on 2016? That would be a reason for me to update.
  • It’s somewhat faster overall on Word 2016, but the slowdown is still there. A major overhaul of Zotero’s integration with Word and LibreOffice to dramatically speed things up is underway and should be released to Zotero’s Beta release in the coming weeks.
  • Will this overhaul also affect Word 2011?
    Somewhat faster means hardly noticeable, or a worthwhile improvement?
  • The overhaul will also affect Word 2011. The difference in speed is noticeably faster for me, particularly for smaller documents, where Word 2016 is faster. Both will still slow currently with many citations (but that should be reduced a lot with the upcoming overhaul). As a general recommendation, Word 2016 also has better compatibility of documents between Windows and Mac versions and a lot of other improvements and helpful features (e.g., live co-editing of documents with collaborators in OneDrive), so I'd recommend Word 2016/Office 365.
  • Thanks for this information, very helpful!
  • I am really desperate for this overhaul, it would be fantastic if you could let me know when it is out on the beta channel, so I can try...