Sync deletes my local database

Hello,

I previously had a zotero account, which I deleted (together with the library stored on the server! – I know, big mistake) to change to a new institutional account which included storage for all attached pdf's. Now, when I log in with my new institutional account and try to sync my local Zotero library to the server, it start to delete the local version. The Zotero server ‘remembers’ the old (an now deleted) server version. Before the sync starts I get this message:
"This zotero database was last synced with a different account ('khaneca') from the current one. If you continue data associated with the 'khaneca' account will be removed from this computer".

Is there a workaround so that my Zotero library, stored on my laptop, uploads to the server?

I’ve uploaded my zotero database to the repair tool (https://www.zotero.org/utils/dbfix/). The upload ID is 5a2e420ff1cb8.

Best wishes,
Kristof.

• @dstillman Is export-import the only way to handle a situation like this in the new sync system? Or is there a more elegant way?
  • Normally export/import would be required, yes, but we've updated Kristof's database so that this will hopefully work and sent a link via email.
  • It works indeed! Database is now syncing to the server. Thank you very much for your assistance. ---Kristof.