Will my citation keys be intact if I disable and later re-enable Zotero Better BibTex?

edited December 6, 2017
Installing Z Better BibTex to collaborate with some LaTeX holdouts. Finding it quite a strain on my >10.000 item library (35 minutes to generate keys the first time; 'Waiting for Zotero database' costing a few seconds at each new start of Zotero; the middle pane going blank every once in a while, necessitating a restart of Z).

So: once I'm done with this collab, I'd like to uninstall it, knowing though that I'll be called on later in the process, at which point I'd want to re-enable it, keeping the citation keys constant. My simple question: Will my citation keys be intact if I disable and later re-enable Zotero Better BibTex?
  • I'm @emilianoeheyns here -- @emilianoheyns is an old account of mine I wish I could recover.

The few seconds at each start is preventable if you don't want it; the 35 minute wait is unfortunate but is a one-time thing and is nothing I can do much about, as most of that time is stuck in reading the DB to gather the data.

If you uninstall BBT the keys you already have will remain as they are; new/changed items will just not get new citation keys. When it is reinstalled, references that have no citation keys will get one.
  • Great, thank you!
  • If the blank pane is a BBT problem, I can only fix this if people report it on GitHub. I've obviously not seen the problem myself or I'd have fixed it.