Several Issues with conncetivity (proxy?)

Firefox Connector Report ID: 495896401
Firefox Connector Debug ID: D1673139105

Dear developers,

I just switched over with my Firefox-Zotero database to Zotero standalone 5.0.30 and the Firefox Zeotero connector.
Installation and migration of data worked fine.

I can also import a reference into the database as before, but the PDF imports fail so far.
The little window at the bottom appears, but it stays grayed out for every, indicating that the PDF import is not finished.
The example URL I tried to import was
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/aic.690010222/full

I authorized the Connector and played around with the proxy settings. Usually, we have a proxy, but the the Connector does not report the use of a proxy. If I try to set the proxy (proxy.le.grp or proxy.le.grp:8080), there is no change.

I also freshly created an Zotero account to submit error and debug log from within Zotero standalone, but also this fails.
When I try to configure sync in Zotero (with login and password) it fails with "Fehler bei der Verbindung zum Server. Überprüfen Sie Ihre Internetverbindung."
When I try to report an error in Zotero, I get "Keine gültige Antwort vom Reposotory".

I guess there is something I need to configure somthing on Zotero and Connector side, but I do not see where. In Zotero I miss the proxy entry.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Oliver

Error Report from Zotero:

[JavaScript Error: "The connection was refused when attempting to contact wss://stream.zotero.org/."]

[JavaScript Error: "WebSocket connection closed: 1006 "]

[JavaScript Error: "The connection was refused when attempting to contact wss://stream.zotero.org/."]

[JavaScript Error: "Fehler bei der Verbindung zum Server. Überprüfen Sie Ihre Internetverbindung."]

[JavaScript Error: "Discarding invalid field 'publisher' for type 4 for item 1/null"]

[JavaScript Error: "Discarding invalid field 'bookTitle' for type 4 for item 1/null"]

version => 5.0.30, platform => Win32, oscpu => Windows NT 6.1; WOW64, locale => de, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 5.0.30, extensions => Zotero LibreOffice Integration (5.0.8.SA.5.0.30, extension), Zotero Word for Windows Integration (5.0.5.SA.5.0.30, extension), Shockwave Flash (27.0.0.170, plugin)

• I also have the same problem. Zotero does not allow me to search the metadata of a pdf file, to synchronize online and also to search by isbn or DOI. I think this is a problem with setting my establishment's proxy on a wired PC. This works perfectly on a laptop PC with a wifi connection.
    best regards
  • Thanks dstillman.

I used in Zotero network.proxy.type = 4.
    In Firefox worked both manual proxy configuration and auto-detect proxy settings.

This worked to download references (including attached PDFs and a Snapshot) abd to submit an error report resp. to get a report ID.
  • edited December 11, 2017
    In an upcoming version, Zotero will show a warning with a link to that page when it detects at startup that the proxy connection isn't working (since currently you only get such a warning if you sync).