Papers become invisible in the middle pane

I am getting a recurrent error with the new standalone version, after upgrading from the Firefox version.

After moving an item into a new folder, very often the middle pane (showing the items in the collection) will go blank. The right hand pane will be still showing 'n papers in this collection' but I cannot see them.

This happens with large and small collections. Closing and restarting Firefox will fix it; but I have to do this every minute or so, so it is extremely frustrating.

I have a rather large library (6309 items).
  • What version of Zotero are you running?
  • 5.0 with the Firefox Connector

Forcing to look for updates returns the message that the version is up to date.
  • What specific version of Zotero (eg, 5.0.30)
  • If you can reliably reproduce this, can you submit a Debug Log ID (from the Help menu) for a sequence of events that produces the bug?
  • Sure;

D790623137
  • I also experienced this yesterday, just after installing the Zotero Better BibTex plugin. Are you also using that?
  • [JavaScript Error: "Component returned failure code: 0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED) [nsITreeSelection.toggleSelect]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/itemTreeView.js" line: 2109}]
    No, Kieran isn't using BBT, and is getting the above error, which a few people (including @bwiernik, I believe) have seen before. We'll investigate.
  • Dan, I recently got this error after making a very large number of database modifications, then switching views before they could all finish being applied.