Trouble with syncing

Currently I am having some issues syncing my articles from databases into my Zotero. It syncs several articles and then I receive an error message. I have tried a few of the 'trouble shooting' options but I am still unsuccessful.

There is a small yellow screen comes up in the right hand corner when the syncing begins that lists the articles as they sync. A few minutes into the process the syncing stops and the error message appears in the same yellow box on the right saying something like: "There was an error in the syncing process" - but then the box disappears and the syncing stops.

s there a certain number of articles I am able to transfer at a time? I tried doing 100 at time and got the error, I also tried doing 20 articles at a time, and though some transferred successfully, I eventually got the error message.

I have tried it on both Firefox and Chrome..my laptop and my desktop :(((

Thank you!
  • There seems to be a terminology issue here:
    We generally refer to "syncing" as the Zotero software uploading information that's already in it to the server (and vice versa). It doesn't sound like that's the problem here at all.

Instead, you seem to try to import items from a database and experience errors. We refer to that as translator problems and you'd want to run through these steps:
    https://www.zotero.org/support/troubleshooting_translator_issues
    in particular, if the first 11 don't help, read closely what we ask you to post here in 12.
  • I have tried the first 11 steps and it is still not working. Here is the info for step 12.

https://search-proquest-com.ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu/psycinfo/results/273A508D679D4AFBPQ/1?accountid=13158

Your error report has been submitted.

Report ID: 423652724

Please post a message to the Zotero Forums (forums.zotero.org) with this Report ID, a description of the problem, and any steps necessary to reproduce it.

Error reports are not reviewed unless referred to in the forums.
  • Is this specific to ProQuest? If you're importing lots of material from Proquest quickly, they start throttling your access, which would obviously mean that Zotero doesn't work anymore, too. Have you tried manually accessing results (i.e. clicking on them) after that error occurs?
  • Do you mean clicking 1 article at a time and adding them in?

Proquest is the site we have to use. I am not sure what you mean? Can I set up a phone call with someone to go through the process with?
  • sorry, no phone support.
    Yes, I mean to try clicking one article at a time and see if you can still add it when Zotero starts to fail as you report.
  • okay - but the problem is that when I get the error message, none of the articles actually import over. It lists several articles in the pop up window, and then when the error message comes on and then disappears..no articles are imported into my Zotero.
  • So walk me through step-by-step what you're doing.
    You search on Psycinfo on ProQuest
    You get a search results list
    You click on the folder icon to import to Zotero, and select all?
    You get an error immediately?
    If you click on one of the search results in Proquest and then click on the save to Zotero icon (likely a white sheet with lines) does that work?

• You search on Psycinfo on ProQuest - Yes - PsycInfo via Proquest

You get a search results list - Yes

You click on the folder icon to import to Zotero, and select all?

- My search yields almost 500 results, I select the first 100 on the first page, click on the Zotero folder that says "Save to Zotero" and select all, and then the pop up window comes up and it says "Saving to ____(my group shared folder)." Several articles start showing up underneath that, as if they are saving over, but they never actually import into my Zotero and typically about a 30 sec - a minute in I get an error. But the error window disappears quickly.

If you click on one of the search results in Proquest and then click on the save to Zotero icon (likely a white sheet with lines) does that work?

-I just tried to only save one and got an error message again. But my Zotero icon looks like a manilla folder, not a white sheet with lines.